4.28.2005

JP and Gladys: December 1994

Holograms float behind my eyes when he is inside me.

The heroin does not enhance sex, exactly, but it puts us in a space where anything is possible, all inhibitions are gone, time stretches and twists and there are no barriers between us. We fuse and melt together and he rides me, I straddle him, we thrash and writhe together and hours pass. We tear each other’s skin and leave bruises. We kiss, hours and hours. We whisper promises of eternity.

After a while we have a name for it—we call it the Zone.

Did you see it? he asks me.

What did you see?

It was like a black field of light, he tells me. And…

Shapes, I say.

Rings and squares and triangles. Glowing, like gray.

I saw them too.

In the Zone we share visions. In the Zone there is no boundary between us and there is nothing I cannot say,

1 Comments:

Blogger Tatess said...

I started reading this tonight, and I won't, I cannot stop till I finish. It is mezmerizing(sp)? Thanks for some memories I thought were long forgotten. Its good to remember sometimes so as not to repeat the bad parts. You are a good writer.

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home